With the Clubs’ involvement in the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 we have strengthened our position as one of the best football environments in Auckland where young girls can develop their passion and skill for the game.
In 2023 we have added more opportunities to cater for all girls’ football needs and can now offer the Skill Centre Programme and a Girls Futsal programme.
Skill Centre Programme:
- Skill Centre (SKC) is our NZF accredited training programme offering a training plan for Junior grade players aged U9 - U12. This is a skill-based programme, catering for girls and boys, that has an emphasis on enjoyment and structured training that maximise development and encourages players to fall in love with football
- Girls can opt for girls-only or be included with boys in the same age band
- Junior Girls Futsal Programme 9-12 years old offered in collaboration with Northern Region Football and Birkenhead College
- Futsal offers girls the opportunity to develop individual techniques that are transferable to outdoor football
- Futsal runs on Friday afternoons at Birkenhead College starting on the 27th of October
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
In these grades the focus is on continuing to develop their skills as part of a team playing in a safe and friendly environment.
For players that are keen to be in the Social / Community pathway we will provide the opportunity to play at a level that suits their current ability, with one training per week plus a Saturday game. Training day and time is based on availability of a volunteer parent coach.
Note: Female players may choose to play in one of our mixed (generally 80% boys) teams or have the option of playing in girls only teams in games across Auckland. Depending on ability our female players may also request to play in the mixed grade below their age.
Registrations and Teams
Registrations typically open early February through to April.
At the close of registrations, the grade coordinator will put teams together (Skill Centre or Social) based on requests as indicated on the registration form (the coordinators will do their best, but are unable to guarantee requests). If you have a few friends wanting to play together, they will all have to indicate this on their registration.
Northern Region Football League (NRF)
Games held Saturday mornings, at home fields AND other club locations throughout Auckland
First Game: May (TBC) 2024
Final Game: September (TBC) 2024
No games: King’s Birthday, Matariki
Grading is strictly based on the year of birth.
COACHES & MANAGERS ( SKC and Social teams )
Skill Centre Teams will have a BUAFC qualified coach taking training twice per week and attending most games. These teams will also require a manager (who may also assist with substitutions as needed) and a referee to help referee half of the game. SKC teams will be training on Mon and Wed unless a prior arrangement has been made for a different day/time.
Social teams will require a volunteer coach, manager and a referee to help referee half a game. All teams are provided with a kit bag at the start of the season which contains club shirt for each player, size 4 balls, cones and bibs. 1 training session per week is recommended and there will be the opportunity to request a day/ space for practices.
Coaches are encouraged to complete a Junior Coaching Course which will be held in the BUAFC Clubrooms and at no expense to the coach. These usually require you to attend just one session and will help you with ideas on how to help the kids develop. Team Coaches should encourage positive behaviours, and all players to perform different skills and roles within the team.