Message to the members of Birkenhead United

National League
14 Sep

Unfortunately, we now can confirm that with the extension of Alert Level 4, the NRF have today cancelled the remainder of the football season in Auckland.  

Not all is gloomy however as we can also advise that we are working on:

  • Term 4 Skill Centre and Youth Development programmes for the Junior & Youth sections of the Club, these will be confirmed here once field allocations are received from Council.
  • Summer-7s (Soccer) will be back!  Again, we will communicate these details once field allocations have been received.
  • Dates on Prize-Givings are also waiting for more advice from the government on Alert Levels, as it is unlikely that these can happen until we are at Level 1.  
  • Re-opening the clubrooms - We are working on what we can achieve at Level 2 and will advise you once we have a clear understanding from both the federation and government.
  • Lastly, with the announcement of the end of the season we can confirm that Birkenhead United will be playing in the National League for the 2021 season!  We look forward to updating you with the details around this as Alert Levels drop and the National League season can begin.  A start date for the season is scheduled for the weekend of the 16th & 17th of October.  And our strong expectation is that Home Games will be at Shepherds Park, so we look forward to seeing you around the club as life slowly returns a version of normality!!

Take care & stay safe!

The Birkenhead United Management Committee